Public Exhibition - Wollondilly Biosecurity Policy and Strategy
Closes: 12/08/2020 5:00pm
Council is inviting feedback on our draft updated Wollondilly Biosecurity Policy and Strategy.
The Policy and supporting Strategy have been updated to align with the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015, which replaced the Noxious Weeds Act 1993. Our overall objectives remain the same - as directed by the NSW Invasive Species Plan. These objectives are:
- Exclude - stop the introduction of new weeds
- Eradicate or Contain - destroy new infestations of weeds or prevent them spreading into new areas
- Effectively Manage - reduce the impact of widespread weeds
- Capacity Building - increase the ability and commitment of all landholders to manage weeds.
View the draft Policy and Strategy
Make a Written Submission
- Your Say Wollondilly - either upload a file or type it out
- Email: council@Wollondilly.nsw.gov.au
- Hand delivery: Frank McKay Building, 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
- Post: Chief Executive Officer, c/o Environmental Services, Wollondilly Shire Council, PO Box 21, Picton 2571, NSW
Closing date for submissions is 12 August 2020.
Council may be required to release your written comments or submissions to an applicant under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 or Local Government Act 1993, which impose obligations on us to release documents in certain circumstances.